Solutions for airports
What we offer
CrowdVision is a leading automated passenger analytics and insights company. Our video-based movement tracking software shows what is happening to an entire passenger population, in real time. This enables airports to act decisively to increase efficiency and profitability while improving their passengers’ experience.
The CrowdVision passenger analytics solution processes live video input from LiDAR sensors and optical cameras. The system performs passenger counting, queue analysis, and analyzes passenger flow using sophisticated AI techniques. CrowdVision outputs live passenger data encompassing everything from flows, queues and wait times to processing times, occupancy, and asset utilization.
State-of-the-art dashboards reveal actionable insights to improve real-time operations. Accumulated historical data provides reliable evidence for planning and investment decisions.
Airports of all sizes use CrowdVision’s queue analysis to improve checkpoint efficiency. By reducing queue length and wait times, airports process passengers into retail areas more quickly. Airports also use CrowdVision’s passenger tracking capabilities to understand how passengers move around retail and food/beverage areas. By understanding dwell times and retail conversion metrics, airports optimize the value of their retail space.
If you are an airport operator, and you care about improving your passengers’ experience as well as your bottom line, we can help provide the passenger tracking data and insights that you need to make better decisions. Contact us today to find out how.
CrowdVision provides granular, real-time passenger tracking data regarding flows, queue lengths and wait times (both expected and experienced); processing times; and asset utilization (by both passengers and staff). Understanding that passenger tracking data is the first step in optimizing staffing at checkpoints, improving queue management and efficiency, and moving passengers quickly and happily into revenue-generating areas. This data also provides opportunities for an airport to build stronger and more effective relationships with its operating partners.
CrowdVision’s data regarding passengers’ use of retail areas can help an airport optimize rental returns, as well as enable it to partner with retailers to drive sales. Using data about the number of passengers flowing into retail spaces, and about the number approaching or entering particular retail outlets, and combining it with point of sale basket data, enables the calculation of an end-to-end consideration and conversion funnel. Understanding this funnel is extremely valuable if retail returns are to be optimized.
CrowdVision’s real-time dashboards and alerts provide airport operators with unprecedented levels of situational awareness, and the opportunity to manage operational issues by exception, as they emerge. For example, real- time occupancy level alerts can be used to manage safety and security issues effectively. Over the longer term, CrowdVision enables airports to improve the efficiency and optimize the profit impact of assets, also leading to improvements in passenger satisfaction and ASQ score.
Our Technology in action
- CrowdVision processes live motion from commercial off the shelf LiDAR sensors and cameras mounted on the ceiling or on pillars.
- The sensors have a broad field of view. This keeps deployment costs down.
- The solution provides anonymous, non-personal data.
- CrowdVision’s machine-learning, artificial intelligence algorithms have been trained to recognize people accurately, and distinguish them from other objects, like bags.
- Our software analyzes pedestrian movements in real-time. It counts people and measures their speed and direction of movement.
- The solution is accurate even in the densest environments.
- As part of the CrowdVision software configuration we combine input from multiple sensors together to derive a holistic view of an area of interest.
- We see everyone in that area. It is a 100% sample (all pedestrians) and we know exactly where everyone is at any point in time.
- This differentiates CrowdVision from Bluetooth/Wi-Fi technologies, which typically measure only a 20-40% sample (not everyone has a phone turned on, while others have more than one), and only know approximately where each phone is.
- Because it is a 100% sample, we can generate statistically-valid results about median performance, as well as best and worst case performance.
- As part of the CrowdVision configuration we set up boundaries and zones to enable the measurement of more analytics than any of our competitors:
- Flows, into or out of areas of interest.
- Queues and wait times, both expected and experienced.
- Asset utilization, for example at desks, covering both passengers and staff.
- Processing times, for example at a desk or kiosk.
- Occupancies and densities in particular zones.
- Because of the high quality sensory input we process, and because our software has been trained using so much data, our analytics are over 95% accurate. Before finalizing a configuration, we validate this using extensive manual comparisons of software measurements to human measurements.
- Having captured and analyzed CrowdVision data about all pedestrians in an area of interest, we output actionable data in a number of forms:
- Real-time dashboards. Live data to use for operational purposes, right now. CrowdVision dashboards reflect the layout of the physical environment so that operational users quickly understand what the data is telling them.
- Pre-formatted historical reports. Clients also have the ability to use a portal to define their own reports.
- API data feeds from CrowdVision into data warehouses and Business Intelligence platforms, often so that the data can be combined with other data to generate even richer insights.
- The CrowdVision solution also offers an input API capability, so that data from other sensors and systems can be combined with CrowdVision’s analytics on the same dashboards and reports. For example, a client may wish to add Wi-Fi analytics like repeat customer percentage and measured dwell time to the analytics reported.
- CrowdVision’s solution runs on the client’s virtualized infrastructure, in real time – either an on-premise data center or an off-premise private cloud.
- By default, any video component involved in our installed solution at a client site is not retained once it has been analyzed, to reduce storage requirements.
- The solution is anonymous and privacy compliant, which brings peace of mind as well as alleviating the need for extensive security and personal data audits.
- The storage that the solution requires is configured as local storage, or as a SAN.
- Dashboards and reports are published on the client’s intranet, with password-protected access if required. Data can then be shared with business partners if required.
- CrowdVision is an enterprise solution with built-in back-up processes, redundancy, and system health monitoring.
- Our product’s security protocols conform with US and UK Government best-practice, however security settings can be customized to meet a range of scenarios across global regions. Whether you deploy on-premise or in the cloud, you can have confidence in CrowdVision security.
- The solution is designed to be easily scalable. Measuring additional analytics in an area with sensor coverage requires only software configuration changes. Should a client wish to expand physical coverage, it would simply add more sensors and expand the virtualized infrastructure appropriately.